Monday 26 April 2010

Hello and Welcome!

Well this is my first foray into the world of blogs. I have been keeping a Livejournal for years now with the inanities of my own personal life, and, like most of the planet, post to Facebook regularly, but this is my first 'Blog' Blog...

So why Faerie Kakes? Well. My persona on the web has been FaerieEvenstar for many years now, mainly due to a love of pretty little faeries, and Arwen's Evenstar pendant in Lord of The Rings. The 'Kakes' part is due to a joke from many years ago when I went to see a band called Rachel Stamp, asked the lead singer for an autograph, told him my name was Kate, to which he said "With a K?", I said yes, and got an autograph to 'Kake' which stuck as a nickname for a while. Faerie Kakes is obviously a pun on Fairy Cakes as well, which, to you Yanks, is what we Brits call cupcakes.

This Blog is going to (hopefully) be a place where I can document some of my baking and sugar-craft achievements, as a friend suggested to me that I really ought to blog about it as she thought people would be interested, so you can blame her if this is boring

I have no formal training in cake decorating, but a history in Fine Art, and a bit of dabbling in pottery, which is all surprisingly helpful. I don't make cakes professionally, but my Mother In Law (referred to as MIL from here onwards) has been decorating cakes for family and friends for many years now (also non-professionally) and I have been adopted as her apprentice when she discovered my artistic leanings.

I don't often do cakes alone, so all the complete cakes you will see here are probably a collaboration between me and my MIL, unless it's just me messing about with some experimentation!

Thanks for dropping by, and watch this space. I will hopefully post some highlights of some example of past work in a while.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Yummy Cupcake