Friday 7 May 2010

Inner Wheel cake

Just a quick post to show our most recent cake. We were asked to make a cake for the 80th anniversary of the Buxton Inner Wheel club (the women of the Rotary Club). This was a very formal affair so required a very formal cake!

My mother in law spent a long time ensuring all the icing was flat and level, and piped the gold and blue around the base with great care, and piped the writing.

My job, as ever, was one of the most complicated. I made some cogs of sugarpaste, which is no easy task, especially when you are copying a logo so you know it has to be accurate!

I'm particularly horrified as I have learnt since that the club have peeled the logo I made off the top of the cake and are going to KEEP IT. The joy of working with cake is knowing that ultimately your art will be eaten and any flaws will be lost. Thankfully I was quite pleased with how this piece came out, but I think I would have panicked more if I knew they would be keeping it forever...

Anyway, I know you're all just here for the pictures!


A darker photo, but you can see some of the glorious piping my MIL did

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Yummy Cupcake