Thursday 17 June 2010

Christening Cakes

I don't have any new cakes to post, but I have lots of new to HERE cakes to get through, so here's a post of some Christening cakes just because!

I am SO proud of my Noah's Ark cake. It took an age to make all the little animals, and a rainbow around the cake seemed like such a good idea until we started doing it! The Ark itself is constructed from a bit of cake too.

You can see I really do have a bit of my own style when it comes to animals- bulgy googly muppet eyes!


The pairs of animals:


Of course here is Noah himself and his dove friend (that olive branch was a pain to get to stay put) Sorry the dove is out of focus, but it was so small the camera didn't want to acknowledge it!


Now a more traditional Christening cake with quilting, alphabet block style name on the top and bunny wabbits.


I still have a whole heap of photos of past cakes to document on here, so watch this space! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to comment on here.

2 comments:

Tamsin said...

I love the patchwork on this one!

Purplepenguin (from the forum!)

FaerieEvenstar said...

Thanks! It was a nightmare to put the pretty little rattles and things on as I had to pick them gently out of the cutter with a toothpick and then try not to stretch them out of shape. :)

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Yummy Cupcake