Sunday 13 June 2010

Mad Hatter's Tea Party!

My friend's birthday was last week, and she told me she was having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party for her party, so I told her to pick a cake flavour, and I would do the rest! I've had to put off taking photos and blogging about it until after her party yesterday so I didn't spoil the surprise!


It's three layers of chocolate sponge cake with chocolate butter cream, and the top tier is carved to the shape of the hat. As you can see, it's a bastardisation of both the cartoon and the more recent Alice in Wonderland film.

What's that round the back? A caterpillar with a tiny monocle you say?


And a melting Dali-esque pocket watch, and hearts on wires coming at your face...



My Mother In Law also made cupcakes to go with it, but I can't say I made these, I'm afraid, she did it all, but I think they're stunning. (Sadly the chocolate ganache ones got a little squashed on the journey to the party)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Yummy Cupcake